State Officer Candidates
INFORMATION FOR NEW JERSEY DECA OFFICER CANDIDATES FOR 2016-2017
Are you ready to be a New Jersey DECA State Officer?
Before you answer this question there are several others you should answer first . . .
- Am I physically and mentally ready for the hard work and dedication that it takes to be a successful State Officer?
- Am I a self-starter, the kind of person others can depend upon to carry out the duties of an office without a great deal of supervision?
- Am I willing to spend the time required to complete the many tasks expected of a state officer?
- Am I willing to put the office I am charged with ahead of all other school activities and athletics?
Do I possess these personal qualities?
Social Maturity Leadership Excellent Communication Skills
Critical Thinking Skills Initiative Problem Solving Skills Integrity
If you answered “yes” to all these questions . . . . . . . . . . . . You may be State Officer material!
Are you eligible to run for office?
Yes, if you are currently all of the following:
- Active dues paying student member of DECA (may not be a Senior)
- Are participating in the co-curricular Program of DECA
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average based on “A” letter grade equivalent to 4.0 for your high school career.
If you fit the above requirements, you may apply to become a candidate for a New Jersey DECA state office.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR OFFICE?
Provide the following candidate background materials as a complete packet in the order given below:
- State officer candidate application with signatures as required.
- A letter of intent to include your involvement with business, school and other groups as related to marketing education and DECA. Explain your goals and objectives and why you want to run for office. Letter should be single spaced, one page and typed.
- Letter of approval from your Chapter Advisor.
- Letter of approval from your School Principal.
- Official transcript with school’s official seal. The transcript must have a written description of explanation of the grading procedure. The grading procedure should explain the grades in relation to A, B, C, D, and failing. If the school system’s grading procedure grants incomplete as a grade, the “I” must be verified as a NO Grade.
- State Officer Candidate Agreement and Officer Code of Conduct form with all signatures.
- Resume (maximum of two pages) of activities completed in high school and Marketing Education courses taken.
Candidate applications will not be processed unless all of the above items are included.
Deadline Date: December 16, 2017